Throughout the year, Ain Society embarks on various community outreach and public education efforts in collaboration with corporate and community organisations for awareness on cancer.
Among the various community outreach efforts are:
- Talks and seminars organised for the public – focusing on the medical and social aspects of cancer
- Cancer Edu Bus roadshows island-wide – featuring exhibits about the truth of cancer and its preventive measures. The Cancer Edu Bus is available to visit schools, ministries, grassroot organisations, workplaces, and other public and private institutions to share updated knowledge, along with message of hope, dispelling fears related to misconceptions of cancer
- Mammogram screening – breast cancer remains the leading cause of death among Singaporean females. We work closely with the National Healthcare Group Diagnostic to bring the ‘Mammo-bus’ to the neighbourhood at least once a year to make it easier for residents to get their mammogram screening done
- Pentas Radio – a 12-episode 45-minute weekly drama aired on radio station WARNA 94.2FM featuring stories on case studies adopted from Ain Society’s case files.
- Projek Kasih – a TV charity show on Mediacorp Suria and Radio Telepoll on WARNA 94.2FM featuring heart-tugging stories of Ain Society’s cancer beneficiaries.
- Awareness campaigns on social media – Ain Society is very active on Facebook, with frequent postings on updates of our programmes and activities. Occasionally, short video clips and telemovies such as “Demi Masa” and “Lambaian Ka’abah” are also produced to create more awareness on cancer